Thursday, May 6, 2010

Walking

Since I sit at a desk all day and commute an ungodly amount of time I decided to add regular walking to my workdays. I walk 3 x a day – 2 ten minute walks on my breaks and another 10 to 15 minutes at lunch time. It helps tremendously. Sitting in front of computer all day is really hard on one’s body and psyche. The walking really lifts my spirits and gives my back a chance to stretch.

Rural would be the word that a real estate agent would use to describe the community surrounding my place of employment. There is a general store a block from where I work and a little cluster of stores and a school on the other end of town. Not much else. No ethnic restaurants. No cute little shops or thrift stores. Nothing to part me from my money. So walking I go. This little lane provides the perfect 10 minute stroll:All the fenceposts along the lane have been excavated by Acorn Woodpeckers. The weather is so amazing right now- ranging from the 50s to the low 70s. I love these cool spring days. I dread the coming of summer. It gets very hot during the day. But for now, I'll enjoy the perfect weather.

1 comment: