Monday, August 17, 2009

Art Walk

Cave Junction had it’s tri-annual Artwalk on Friday, August 14th. The Artwalk goes from 5pm-8pm and, as usual, there wasn’t enough time to socialize, eat and see all the artists and their work in the different venues spread around downtown.

I was quite taken with the quilts (unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of any other work on display):
All were beautiful and make by various artists. The bird one is being auctioned. Please, please, please let it be me who wins! I love this quilt. Here's a detail:
Artwalk used to be a monthly event but sadly, there hasn’t been quite enough interest in the last few years. The IV Arts Council has pared it back to three times a year. There seemed to be a good turnout this month but I fear that Artwalk may be a dying beast. We’ll see what the Arts Council decides for next year. In the meantime, I’ll enjoy what CJ does have to offer. There are exceptional artists/craftspeople/seamstresses living here. If art/craft collecters from the more populated areas of the country knew how cheap original work was here in the Illinois Valley they would come in droves. I'm just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment