Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Kusudama

I'm making these Kusudama right now. I'm having so much fun creating these. I have all the individual flowers lined up on my craft table. I haven't tried putting them together yet, we'll see how that goes.

Here is the Wiki definition of Kusudama:

The Japanese kusudama (薬玉; lit. medicine ball) is a paper model that is usually (although not always) created by sewing multiple identical pyramidal units (usually stylized flowers folded from square paper) together through their points to form a spherical shape. Alternately the individual components may be glued together. Occasionally, a tassel is attached to the bottom for decoration.

I'll be gluing mine, although sewing does sound intriguing (and less messy). The glue I have is a pain to use.

If you are a paper lover please visit Folding Trees (see photo above). They have loads of great tutorials. I wish I could spend all day making paper things. Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment