Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Paper Mache

I love this stuff! Why haven't I worked with paper mache sooner in my life? There is so much you can do with it -the possibilities boggle the mind. If you think I exaggerate just check this out: Stolloween. I'm too much of a dabbler to ever be the master craftsman Stoll is but I can work at being half as good. Here is round one on my pumpkin:

I used old bank statements and other paper destined for the burn barrel. It's a great way to recycle.

For the second layer I used brown paper bags. On Stoll's site he gives all sorts of basic how-to information. It's a pretty flexible craft, in terms of glue to flour ratios and types of paper you can use, but we'll see how the actual painting part goes. Painting requires artistic ability and could very well be a disaster for me. Anyway, it's so much fun. I love papercrafts and rarely do anything sculptural that isn't modular (ie: folding the same model over and over again). Tonight, I paint. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I recently picked up a vintage book on this very craft. Your post has inspired me to open it up and start crafting. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete