Friday, August 13, 2010

Prospect Park

In all the years that I lived in the general vicinity I never set foot in Prospect Park (except the Brooklyn Bontanical Garden once years ago and that's a seperate fee area so I don't count it.) Prospect Park was designed by Frederick Law Olmstead, the same designer of Central Park. The park is 585 acres. Here are the things I learned about Prospect Park today in the 3 hours I wandered around:

The squirrels here are very shy. I thought this fella was going to rip the camera out of my hands. You never know what's edible when you're a rodent, I suppose.
You need to look up when in a city, even if you know you will be branded tourist. You'll miss much by only looking from pigeon strut to traffic light level. I wandered through the Chinese Pavillion and in the middle, up high, hiding in the peak, was this beauty:I caught my breath when I saw this stained glass. It's in really good shape. I understand that the pavillion building is around 100 years old, so I was surprised at the condition of this window.

Harry has a wall. I never knew....
Some of the best advice I've seen to date:

I think we all need to heed this advice. Keep this in mind next time you're outside.

3 comments:

  1. such a cool post. the squirrel made me laugh, the stained glass is gorgeous, and the advice made me pause.

    i wonder who harry is...nevermind, i just googled it. interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about looking up. One of my favorite views is the ceiling at Lincoln Center. It is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello dear i will write you a note today i hope everything is okay with you
    not a lot of posts here
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete